I would have finished block 2 of CaHRH by the end of last weekend, if I had had NPI 871 like I thought that I did. I thought that I had all of the silks I needed for block 2, but I guess that is what I get for thinking. LOL! So, aggravated but still determined, I dashed off a quick order to Needlecraft Corner and promptly began block 3 which I was sure I had all the supplies for. See that pretty, unfinished pineapple in the picture below. It lacks NPI 313 which I also thought I had. That did me in.
It took me less than 10 seconds after discovering my lack of 313 to chuck that baby into a project bag and put it back into WIP oblivion. To ease my frustration, I promptly started BBD's Easter Parade (which thankfully I seem to have all the threads for...at this point anyway!).
Needless to say, I will be dashing off another quick order to Drema because I am determined to get both of these blocks finished before the end of March and get back on my (self-imposed) schedule.
In other news...
I was recently honored with an award from both Jolene and Faye. I greatly appreciate that both of them thought of me. :)
I am supposed to tell seven little known or unique facts about myself. So here they are, in no particular order...
1. I am a Disney fanatic. I have turned my husband and son into Disney fanatics as well. We try to visit the parks for an extended vacation each year. I scour the internet for tips and trivia. My friends ask for my help in planning their trips. My basement bathroom and one of my school offices is Disney themed, and that decor is starting to leak into other areas of my home as well. I have more Disney art on my walls than cross-stitch.
2. I love electronic equipment--computers, phones, iPods, flat screen TVs, gadgets, etc. I jokingly tell my husband that I would rather have the latest electronic gizmo than jewelry for special occasion gifts. (Honey, if you are reading this, a Nook for my birthday would be fabulous!!).
3. I sing. I am a member of my church's praise team, and I love it. I much prefer singing with a group as opposed to singing solo, however.
4. I've been cross-stitching for 20 years, but feel like I have so little to show for that amount of time. I gave a lot of stuff away, and I have a lot of stuff stored. I have very few stitched pieces hanging in my home, but I am making an effort to change that before the end of the year by either framing some things myself or having them custom framed.
5. I once met John Travolta in a Red Lobster in Florida and got his autograph. I was (am) a huge fan of Grease, so you can imagine how excited I was.
6. My husband's middle name and my first name are the same--Kellie/Kelly.
7. I met my husband on a blind date that I VERY reluctantly agreed to. Almost 14 happy years of marriage and a wonderful eight year old son later, I am so glad I didn't back out.
There you have it... a little glimpse of me that you didn't know previously. LOL! I am supposed to pass this on to seven blogs I love, and there are so many to choose to from that I love. And I am not sure who has been selected already and who hasn't, but here are my nominations...
Natalie - a . stitch . in . time
Doris - A Pause in the Journey
Natasha - A Stitcher's Ramblings
Lainey - Lainey's Stitching Hoose
Nicole - Nicole's Needlework
Siobhan - Notes from Blue Hen Hollow
Melissa - Words and Blooms
We are going to see Alice in Wonderland tomorrow night in 3D (refer to #1 in my list above... LOL!). I can't wait!
Well, Survivor and stitching are calling, along with a pan of snickerdoodles....