Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I'm in love...

With Needlepoint Inc. Silks that is! Wow!! I have stitched with silks before but never with these. I really, really like them. They are so easy and smooth to work with. I started Mary Margaret last week and decided to order the recommended silks to stitch her with. I think I am going to have a hard time resisting the urge to purchase every color Needlepoint Silk ever made! J I am sure my wallet will keep me in check however. Mary Margaret is so much fun to stitch! My rotation has completely flown out the window the last two weeks, but that is okay. I may return to it eventually, and I may not. As long as I am having fun, it doesn’t really matter. J I am considering stitching all four of “The Girls” by Carriage House Samplings. Wouldn’t they look lovely grouped together on a wall? I have seen several others stitching them in blogland, and I have just went crazy over them. I remember when these first came out, I did not like them. Isn’t it funny how our tastes change? I think part of it is that I see other people’s stitching on blogs and it causes me to see things in different ways, if that makes sense? I am very inspired/enabled by blogs. None of my friends stitch. So blogs are really a lifeline for me in seeing and sharing stitching. Here’s my progress so far on Mary Margaret…
Something else I have fallen in love with this week….
The Lemoncello Cream Torte from Cheesecake Factory. DH and I went there over the weekend to celebrate our anniversary. This is the most delicious dessert that I have ever put in my mouth I do believe! Yummy!!

Not much else going on here. Everyone is settled back into routine after our fun vacation week. I have resisted figuring out how many days of school are left, but I finally gave into the temptation today. I have 34 more days to work before I am off for the summer. Jake has a few less. We have several workdays built in that students are not in school. I have to work a few days throughout the summer, but nothing too taxing. I definitely have spring/summer fever. The weather has been warm here over the last few days, and the lure of summer is strong. I keep thinking of all the things I would like to get accomplished and all the places I would like to go…

I hope you have a wonderful afternoon wherever you may be!
Thanks to those of you that take the time to comment. I love to read them and to visit your blogs as well.

Happy stitching,
Kellie

7 comments:

  1. Hi Kellie. Hmmm, I just received my first batch of NPI silks too. I want to start The Dainty Housewren. However, I have to go slow - my back has been bothering me since Sunday. But never mind, I think you've forewarned me of a new addiction coming on.

    It's interesting what you said about tastes changing. That's so true. I find we are so 'enabled' by other stitchers and what they are stitching. I think the shops & designers should be giving discounts to bloggers!

    Sounds like you have wonderful plans for the spring/summer coming up. I'm envious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Mary Margaret is lovely! I too LOVE me some NPI! Very nice and smooth. One of my favorite desserts is from a little bakery in Houston that has a lemon mousse cake in a baked meringue crust...topped with white chocolate shavings...MMMMMM! But that's tied also with the Tiramisu cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory...also yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your MM is coming along great! I agree, NPIs are heavenly. They're my absolute favorite fiber.

    That dessert looks oh, so incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MM is looking great! You are so right about our tastes changing. Hopefully our tastes right themselves before a pattern goes OOP. Blogging can do that to you -you'll see something that someone else is working on, it's looks so much better than the chart cover, and you're done for! NPI's are the greatest, aren't they? They're like butter through the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, that cake looks incredibly delicious!! Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a nice progress on your project! And the pie looks so jammie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kellie, I feel the same! My taste has changed 180 degrees since I've started visiting blogs!
    Great progress on MM and the dessert looks de-lish!! Happy belated Anniversary:)

    ReplyDelete