Saturday, April 11, 2009

Quick update

Thought I would post a really quick update...
We got back from Disney last weekend. We had a fabulous time. My brother-in-law and his family went with us this time, and it was a great time. Jake, who is our only child, really enjoyed having the three cousins to be around, ride rides with, etc. One of the highlights was a princess breakfast that we went to for my nieces. To my surprise, Jake really enjoyed himself. He was not a bit shy about getting his pictures taken with the princesses and was quite thrilled when Belle called him her "little prince" and gave him a kiss on the cheek! :) The worst part was the trip home. Not only was there tons of traffic (a usual 13 hour drive took 17), but my sister-in-law accidentally left her purse in a restaurant in Georgia and did not discover it until we were two hours past there. So we parted ways south of Atlanta. We are all very thankful for the kind honest person that turned her purse in with everything still in it. She had not only her wallet, credit cards, money, etc. in there, but also her camera with all of her vacation pictures and a new iPod. She was really grateful that no one stole anything.

I have stitched a little this week. I am starting to veer off course with my rotation. The appeal of my former "screaming" rotation is starting to call to me again. :) DH and I celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary last Monday. His gift to me was stash shopping. I ordered two of the CHS "Girls" (Mary Margaret and Molly) along with the fabric and NPI threads to start Mary Margaret, as well as the fabric for Shores of Hawk Run Hollow and Primitive Needle's Earth Sampler. I am thinking about starting Mary Margaret tonight. I have seen several people stitching her in blogland, and I think she is so adorable!

I have spent the afternoon cleaning up my scrapbooking space in our basement, trying to find the motivation to do a few pages. Since I really got back into cross-stitching a couple of years ago, my scrapbooking has really suffered.

A couple more things... I finished a great book this week--Handle with Care by Jodi Picoult, and I started another one that I think is going to be good--The Lace Reader by Bruonia Barry. I love to read, but I don't always devote the attention to it that I would like.

Tonight is probably going to be movie night with BIL and family. We live next door so we end up spending a lot of weekends and off time together. Our kids love to play together. I am thankful that Jake has such great relationships with their three kids. They are his "surrogate" brother and sisters. :)

I wish all of you a blessed Easter. We will be celebrating at church and then lunch with my parents and an Easter bunny visit tomorrow afternoon.

Until next time...

Happy Stitching,
Kellie

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kellie! Glad you had a wonderful time at Disneyland with the family. It's a great place for young kids and old kids too I think. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kellie, Disney is great fun, we use to live in Florida DD lived in Orlando.

    Princess breakfast sound like fun.

    We now live in Georgia, so glad that your sister's purse was found intact.

    Happy spring and Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy that your trip to Disneyland was a great time. Can't wait to see some progress on your new stitching acquisitions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kellie! I'm so glad to hear that you had a great time at Disney--and that it ended on a good note, with somebody turning in your SIL's purse!

    I think we are stitching & reading the same things here... I could have written the stitchy & reading bit of your post! ;) Great minds think alike & all, right?!? :D I just finished Handle with Care. Wow. It was so good and so heart breaking & I'm glad that I have another year to get over it before I get a chance to read a new Picoult, since I've read all her other books. You will Love Love Love The Lace Reader. It is one of my all time most favorite reads. Fabulous! You need to buy Primitive Needle's Salem Remembered to go with your trip there--and you will feel like you've been to Salem!

    Enjoy stitching Mary Margaret, she's a super fun stitch--much more than I'd expected. I thought I'd be bogged down by the fill in, because usually I find it tedious, but I am having fun with it. Your other stash acquisitions sound wonderful, too!! I've veered off the rotation a bit, too, but that's okay, the main thing is that we are enjoying our stitching, right?? ;)

    Happy anniversary! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete