Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Chrismas@HRH Block 1 finished

Most of my stitching time (what little I have had) has been devoted to stitching Christmas at Hawk Run Hollow. I finally finished block 1 last night. Now I am debating whether to start block 2 or go back to Jenny Bean's Christmas Sampler. Jenny Bean is calling pretty loudly. :)


Look at what my mom surprised me with today! I have always loved this nativity that she and Dad display at their house. She came down today and brought this with her. She said she doesn't really have a good place to display it and she has never loved it as much as I have. I am thrilled!!! The pictures don't really do it justice.




Jake and I finished decorating the tree last night. We have had the tree up since Thanksgiving, just had a hard time finding time to put the ornaments on it. I am hoping to have a few more cross stitched ornaments for my tree as I have joined Vonna's LHN ornament SAL. My first ornament arrived in the mail a few days ago. I am going to try really hard to stitch and finish these each month. Wish me luck!



7 comments:

  1. How lucky you are Kellie , to be recieving such a nice Nativity set! My mother always tells us kids that if there is something we want of hers, take it now while she can watch us enjoy it.Your ist block of Christmas at HRH looks great. My LNS tells me that they are going to be coming out with an Autumn at HRH. I love autumn stitching so I can justify spending $38 for the pattern for that. Your Christmas tree is just gorgeous and I love Santa and the Mrs. out in front. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kellie, your tree looks wonderful. And I love that Nativity set. I think you really lucked out with your mom not having a place for it. Now you can enjoy it. It's a great set. And I love your first block on Christmas! It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your first block of Christmas at HRH is just lovely, Kellie. I can hardly wait to start mine. I ordered my fabric after getting your email last week, but it hasn't arrived yet.

    And how special is your Nativity set! I know you will always treasure it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOh, nice "finish"! I think you should go back to JB, myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Block 1 looks great, and you're already made some progress on JB.

    Your tree is very pretty. Good luck with those ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful nativity!! Lovely stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great block finish, Kellie! Love your start on JB Christmas, too. Everything looks great. Beautiful nativity, too. I have one that my grandfather used, and it is one of my most treasured items.

    ReplyDelete