Saturday, April 10, 2010

Going Frog Hunting....

I have been happily stitching along on Snow Garden from BBD's Anniversaries of the Heart series. I was even optimistic that I would have a completed first section to show on my blog this weekend. I was rounding the last corner of the two shades of white (!) border when I realized that the stitches were not meeting like they were supposed to. I recounted several times. Everything appeared to be as charted. Then I realized that I was down a row too far. I discovered the mistake at the top of the left side of the border. One tiny stitch too many....
Nothing sends a project to the bottom of the WIP pile faster than a frog on the loose.

Here's the offending portion....

Normally, I would just fudge it and move on. But with this being a multi-part project, the borders need to be uniform, so I will be picking out the border and making the necessary corrections. I think I will go ahead and get the frogging over with tonight and then put this one to rest for a few days and let my frustration ease a bit. LOL!

I finally succumbed to temptation this morning and ordered this (and all the silks and the fabric)....

Isn't she beautiful!!!! I have been drooling over this on so many blogs lately... check here, here, here, and here just to name a few.... (If you notice a lot of visitor activity from Kentucky, ladies, it's just me stalking Sarah Woodham! LOL!). I can't wait to get this in the mail next week and get started. When you think about a certain design so much, surely you are meant to just stitch it already, right? :)

My spring break is coming to an end. Back to work on Monday. It has been a great week though. We went with my parents to Pigeon Forge for a few days (and stash shopping at Dixie Darlin'... more to come next post), celebrated 14 years of marriage on Tuesday, spent some time relaxing and stitching, got a major haircut (went from long shoulder length hair to short...love it).... all in all a really good week. 7 weeks of school left until summer break. This year has went by so fast. I am glad in a way and sad in a way. I will love being off for awhile this summer and all the fun that we have planned, but it also means that my second grader will now be a third grader and that just doesn't seem possible.

Anyway, enjoy the rest of your weekend. Hope you have some sunshine. It is a lovely sunny 70 degrees here today, and Jake is having so much fun playing basketball outside with some other boys from the neighborhood.





16 comments:

  1. Sarah Woodham is a lovely sampler, i just have way too much going on at the moment to start it though, i will look forward to seeing your progress.

    Don't you just hate it when that little frog comes a visiting! hope you don't lose interest in snow garden altogether though, it looks lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about that darn frog Kellie, its too pretty a design to put to the bottom of the pile though.
    Hope your lovely new sampler arrives soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear the frog visited you. I hate when that happens! Sarah Woodham is a beautiful project, and fun to stitch too! Except for the verse..... lol! It's worth it though, I guarantee it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darn frogs!! I wish they would stay in the ponds where the belong!!

    I love Sarah Woodham!! She's on my list for sure - along with way too many other projects!

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, dear, I hear you about the frog and the stitching pile. What has helped me is getting a pretty seam ripper and just inserting that little point under the offending stitches and sort of gliding through the ripping out procedure. Small consolation though. Can't wait to see what you got at Dixie Darlin' and I love SW too--but I'm resisting so far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ordered my silk and fabric today too for SW! How funny! Sorry about that frogging...grrr.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Kellie, I'm so sorry to hear that you have to rip out so many of those stitches in the white border. Between Snow Garden and the snow flakes in Block 4 of CatHRH you have been stuck stitching with a lot of white lately!

    Love your new purchase--it truly is lovely and will make a great summer project for you. Congratulations on your 14th anniversary AND your new haircut! How exciting--I'll bet it looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary, congrats on the refreshing new haircut and who hoo for the end of school. Time does go by so fast so I certainly appreciate the sadness knowing your little ones are growing older. You blink and it's gone!

    Sorry about the frogs - I absolutely hate when that happens. Don't blame you for joining in on Sarah, I am sorely tempted myself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the SW sampler, also, the birds and flowers definitely get your attention on this one. Sorry to hear that little frog happened along your path. But you will have it redone quickly and in no time at all. I bet you can't wait to get your hands on all the yummy supplies for SW. Have a sunny day....smiles....

    ReplyDelete
  10. If I didn't have a couple other large WIPs going right now, I'd be stitching Sarah right along with you! It's really hard to resist seeing all those great starts.

    And sorry about the frogs - I agree - nothing will send it back to stash pile faster than when those appear. Don't give up hope and just frog it and be done with it - it's too pretty to put aside.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Frogging is just plain frustrating! A rest seems to be a good cure for me too and a little online shopping doesn't hurt either. Aren't the gals at Dixie Darlin' so nice?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, what a bummer! I just hate making a mistakes and having to to pull it all out. Good for you for not dumping it in the WIP pile!

    Sarah is a beauty isn't she - hope she arrives at your house soon.

    Sounds like you had a wonderful Spring break - much deserved time off!

    Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Boo! I have SUCH a crush on SG! That's the ticket; frog it and let it "rest" at the bottom of the pile for a bit!

    What linen are you stitching it on? The recommended?

    Also, congrats on your "new order" that's one Beautiful BAP!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you find all of those frogs and leave none behind! LOL So sorry it has been giving you problems and hope giving it a rest helps!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Urgh--sorry about the frog visiting! Don't you hate that?! Especially when you can't fudge it! LOL

    I'm so glad you'll be stitching Sarah Woodham, too! I have to tell you, it is way prettier than any photos can convey. It is so so so pretty. I might not be saying that when I get to the over one, but I'm hoping that enjoying the rest of it will make me not lose heart.

    Happy anniversary wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Darn it, Kellie, I hate frogging! I've been visited by those little pests myself lately.
    You are going to love Sarah Woodham. The picture on the chart does not do it justice. I think she is now my favorite all-time sampler.

    ReplyDelete