Thursday, August 5, 2010

Just a quick post since it has been over a month!

I am working on a couple of new projects. I am trying to learn how to knit a sock using the magic loop method. This is my second attempt. I'm kind of winging it, using an online video class and a book. Between the two, I'm trying to figure it out. Love knitting! And socks are one of the things I have most wanted to learn.




I've been stitching a little too. I started Lizzie Kate's Dog Lessons for People. This will be for Jake. He loves it and thinks the sayings are hilarious. I've stitched very little for him so I'm excited that he wants this particular design to hang in his room. I bought the design at Dixie Darlin' during a recent Pigeon Forge getaway weekend. They had a model of it stitched on PTP Relic, and it was gorgeous! I bought enough fabric to stitch both this and the Cat Lessons version. (sorry for the crooked photo. I'm posting from my iPhone and can't figure out how to edit it.



In other news, I transferred jobs about two weeks ago. Some of my regular visitors might remember that I was a school counselor working in two elementary schools. A counseling position opened at our middle school this summer and I decided it would be a good move for me. I am thrilled to be at one school every day but it was very sad for me to leave my elementary schools. I miss my little kiddos and the wonderful staff and friends from there. But I am settling into the middle school nicely. I have worked there before and still know quite a few of the teachers. Today was our first day of school and it went really well.

Time to fix supper although I would love to just take a nap!

9 comments:

  1. Good luck with the knitting! Looks good so far! I'd love to learn to knit socks too, but I don't know if I have the patience to teach myself. Love the dog lessons -- it's great that your DS wants it. I have to go look up the cat lessons since we have a new kitten now. Good luck with your new job -- and congratulations too! I can't believe the school year already started there! We're a month away from the start of the school year here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kellie, first of all congratulations on the new counseling position! I hope it works out much better for you!

    I love your progress on the sox, kudos to you and also the Dog Lessons is going to be adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sock looks wonderful! If you're this far, you've mastered the magic loop technique. The yarn is striping up nicely.

    Aren't the staff at Dixie Darlin' so nice? Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the dog lessons. I am doing it over one for a friend for her Christmas present. Good luck on the new job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great start on your socks Kellie and I love the fabric for your cute LK.
    Good luck with your new job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kellie--Great news about your new position! Congratulations :)

    How nice that your son wants you to stitch something for him--it is looking so cute already. Can't wait to see it all finished up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to knit! I loved seeing all of your projects. I tried the magic loop method, but it drove me nuts. I've opted for double points instead ... just makes more sense to me. I can't wait to see more of your progress.

    Congrats on your new job at middle school. That oughta be exciting. When I taught at that level, I decided that those kids needed to find their missing sense of humor. They're so drama-driven that they've forgotten how to laugh. Hope you have some fun with them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a brave soul trying that magic loop on your own! I've had 2 classes and I gave up on magic loop and went back to 4 DP needles - still stumble on the heel - I think I just have a mental block for socks. I'm on my way to Pigeon Forge in a few weeks and can't wait to visit Dixie Darlin' - I passed last year because I dumped a bucket of money on my way up there in Franklin NC at the Golden Threads and Silver Needles yarn shop - great stop if you are ever in that area. She is doing a magic loop class while we are on vacation and I must say it gave me pause but I can't go all the way across the mountains for yet ANOTHER sock class LOL - have fun! melody

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the knitting! Good for you. I can only manage wonky scarfs, but my daughter loves knitting. She got a book "Stitch Bitch Nation" that she loves. Love the L*K WIP, too! Good luck with the new position--hope it's better than you hoped it'd be. :)

    ReplyDelete