I didn't get a chance to post yesterday, so I want to document some of the milestones from the past year for my own personal records (feel free to skip ahead...)
* Jake completed second grade with flying colors, and started a great third grade year. He has a wonderful teacher, and I have seen him really deepen his love of reading and writing this year thanks to her.
* Michael quit coaching football after 18 years. This has had such a positive effect on our family.
* I transferred from an elementary school counselor position that split me between two schools to a middle school counselor position at one school where I am the only counselor. And I love it. It has been a long time since I have really enjoyed my job as much as I am enjoying it this year.
* I learned to knit. I have wanted to know how to knit for years. I enjoy it as much as I enjoy stitching.
*I started some of the home improvement projects that have been lingering on my list for awhile.
*Jake had a successful little league football season, playing his first year of tackle. His team won the LL superbowl.
*We traveled some... two trips to Disney, several weekends away to Gatlinburg and Franklin.
*We became DVC members this year... a big dream of mine realized. :)
Great year over all.
Hello 2011! I am looking forward to the goals that I want to accomplish this year.
I won't go into my personal goals at this point, but I would like to share some of my stitching and knitting goals. Mainly I want to keep track of what I finish. I didn't do a good job of that in 2010. I didn't document all of my finishes here so I have an incomplete list for the past year. I am going to be better about that this year. I will start new things. That is a given. I started something new today as a matter of fact. More on that later. But there are a lot of things I want to finish this year as well.
My main WIPs that I would like to complete this year are:
- BBD Anniversaries of the Heart
- PSS Paradise Lost
- SP Sarah Woodham
- GH Ellen Birdseye
- RM Quaker and Quilts
- CHS Christmas at Hawk Run Hollow
There are more, but these are the ones that I am going to focus on first.
I also want to frame things and hang them on my walls. I hope to frame the things I complete this year and add them to my decor.
My new start for today is Carriage House Samplings Her Sampler. I have wanted to stitch this design for a long time, and I have seen it stitched lately on a couple of blogs. I decided that it would be a perfect new year start for me... not too big, not too small... hopefully easily finished soon. Pictures soon to follow....
That's it for me today. I am going to take down the lingering Christmas decorations and get my house back in order. Then I think I will see if we can make some fun... maybe dinner out combined with some shopping.
Happy New Year to all my readers and friends. Hope this year finds you and yours happy and healthy!