Monday, June 8, 2009

Setting Sail...

I finished LHN's Blessed are the Merciful late last night. This one is my favorite of the Saltbox Scripture series. I love the sailboat and the blue house. Crescent Colors' Tartan Blue is one of my all-time favorite colors of thread to stitch with. I think I will probably finish these into little pinkeeps to be displayed seasonally. I have the spring and summer one both stitched. I still have the fall and winter ones to do. 

 I think I mentioned in my last post that I had pulled out a bunch of WIPs that I haven't worked on in awhile. I decided to pick this Prairie Schooler design up and try to finish it up this week. I have a bad habit of starting projects and losing interest about halfway into them. I guess the upside is that I do usually go back to them at some point. This is Summer Breeze.



I think we are taking a road trip to Hobby Lobby this evening. I need more yarn for my blanket that I am making, and HL has it on sale this week. The closest HL to us is about 45 minutes away, so we will make a night of it with dinner out and a few more stops in the area, I am sure. One of the many things I love about summer...picking up and taking off on a weeknight to do whatever without having to worry about bed times. :)

I have been watching some really good movies lately. Last week, I watched New in Town with Renee Zellweger and Harry Connick, Jr. It was a cute movie, with several really funny parts. I also watched The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. FABULOUS! I absolutely loved this movie. I thought Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett were just wonderful in their respective roles. I am probably the last person on earth to have seen it at this point. I love movies that stay with you and make you think after they end (I like books like this too). This will be a movie that I will eventually add to my collection. And I want to read the short story by F. Scott Fitzgerald that inspired the movie. I am getting ready to watch Marley and Me, which I know is very sad at the end. I want to see it, but I don't. Our pastor related part of this movie to Sunday's sermon yesterday. He said he even cried at the end. Oh boy... I plan to spend the afternoon watching it and working on Summer Breeze. 

I forgot to mention in my last post that Melissa at Words and Blooms is having a giveaway. Check it out if you haven't already. And check out her wonderful blog. I love reading her blog, seeing her stitching and her lovely garden. :)

Have a good rest of the day!
Happy Stitching,
Kellie

8 comments:

  1. Great finish, and great PS piece! I love the colors in both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that PS design and see why you got it out again. I do the same thing--get sick of something half-way through, but when I pull it out months or years later, it's fresh again.

    And I don't think I've every seen that particular LHN before--very cute and summery, with great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The LHN finish is really cute and I love that PS Summer design. *sigh* It's on my list too!

    No, you're not the last to see Benjamin Button. That'd be me I'm sure! It's nice when you get to see a nice movie or find a great book.

    Lastly, aw shucks, thanks for the mention and the compliments! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those Scripture pieces. And I'm glad you got back to the PS piece. I love it and the colors.

    I haven't seen Benjamin Button - I'll probably be the last one not to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your adorable stitchy finish! and great progress on your PS! Love the colors in both pieces.

    You're not the last person to see Benjamin Button...we still haven't seen it! We will though:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful finish! Love your PS piece. I have just about all of those sampler designs that PS has done and haven't stitched one yet, which is frustrating because they are SO pretty!

    Thanks for the movie recommendation. I don't think the movie is out here yet but can't wait to see it when it is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The PS design is great, you will get that finished up fast. Hope you enjoyed Marley and Me, very touching movie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kellile, what a lovely finish. Also your PS design is coming along great, glad you are picking that back up. I think we all have a case of startitis!

    I too loved Benjamin Button, what a truly unique, well-cast, thought-provoking movie! I haven't seen the other two yet, but do plan to!

    ReplyDelete